Bacon and shrimp? Yes, please. Goat cheese too? Amazing. And the addition of canna-olive oil takes this dish to a place that is beyond perfection. I always try to find nitrite-free bacon. It’s generally good quality and who needs the extra chemicals? When bacon is cooking, all but the kosher must stop and give thanks. And this dish tastes as good as it smells.
- 6 slices bacon cut in half
- 12 large raw shrimppeeled and cleaned
- 4 tsp canna-oilrecommended: olive oil
- 3 tbsp goat cheese cold
- Squeeze of lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 340° F.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, cook the bacon about halfway. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Place the shrimp on your work surface. Brush each shrimp with the canna-olive oil.
- Place a small piece of goat cheese on the shrimp in the center, along with a squeeze of lemon and pinch of salt.
- Wrap the bacon around the shrimp, covering the cheese. Place on skewers, all facing in the same direction.
- On a baking sheet with sides, place the bacon-wrapped shrimp, seam side down.
- Bake until the bacon is fully cooked and the shrimp are pink: 5-7 minutes.