For all you Ahi lovers out there this is a delicious and healthy way to catch your favorite fish… and a buzz!
- 2 (10 ounce) thick-cut ahi tuna steaks
- 2 cloves garlic, bruised
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 cups canna- olive oil, or as needed ( see our recipe )
- sea salt to taste
- Let tuna rest at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Combine garlic, thyme, and red pepper flakes in a heavy skillet.
- Pour canna-oil into skillet to reach a depth of 1 inch.
- Heat oil over medium heat until garlic and thyme begin to sizzle, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place tuna gently in hot oil and reduce heat to low.
- Cook steaks in hot oil, spooning oil over the top of the steaks constantly, until fish is white and hot, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, transfer steaks to a baking dish, and pour hot oil and herbs over the fish.
- Cool fish and oil to room temperature.
- Wrap baking dish tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate steaks for 24 hour
- Remove fish from oil and sprinkle sea salt over the top