Try to use the best-quality oatmeal you can afford because it really does make a difference. Steel-cut oats are nice and chewy. This is such a cozy way to start the day.
- 3¼ cups (765 ml) water
- 2 cups (160 g) steel-cut oats
- Pinch of salt
- 4 teaspoons (19 g) cannabutter
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons (28 g) chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons (30 g )chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons (20 g) dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons (40 g) honey
In a large pot, bring the water to a boil. Add the oats and salt and gently simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let rest, covered, for 2 minutes. Stir in the cannabutter
Divide the oatmeal among four bowls and evenly top with the remaining ingredients.
Chef’s tip: When I have leftover oatmeal, I make pancakes. Add an egg, a few splashes of milk, a bit of baking soda, and whatever spices you like to the oatmeal. Dollop the batter onto a griddle, and you have recycled one great breakfast into another.